what is the precaution for thumb distal phalanx fracture?

I am suffering from thumb distal phalanx fracture since last 48 hours.what is the precaution for my right hand thumb
Asked On : Mon, 31 Aug 2009
  Anonymous's Response
there is something called strapping practised by our old grand father whenever there is I hurt myself, it used to really work well. He used to tie my hurt finger with the next normal finger for few days. He asked me never to fold my fingers. I think you try that too. But I am not sure if requires something important to be seen by a doctor and take advice. I hope this helps......
General & Family Physician Dr. Khaleel Ahmed.Manik's  Response
as thumb plays a great role in holding anything in our day today life , its a imp finger , so u nee to take an xray to see wt kind of fracture it is , a simple 1 wl improve with a simp;e strapping .