what is the characteristics parkinsonism?

Hello doc, my grandpa had Parkinsonism. What is the disease about? Do I have chance of getting that?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Sep 2009
Parkinson's disease belongs to a group of conditions called motor system disorders. The disease is chronic, meaning it persists over a long period of time, and progressive, meaning its symptoms grow worse over time. It is not contagious nor is it usually inherited - that is, it does not pass directly from one family member or generation to the next. But new theory explores the role of genetic factors in the development of Parkinson's disease; this is yet to be ascertained.