what is the cause of penis turning red ?

what does it mean when my penius turn red and swalls what does it means when my penius turns red and swells
Asked On : Sun, 19 Dec 2010
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
It could be part of normal sexual excitation response where penis grows larger due to more blood supply making it stiff and warm. If there is pain, and prolonged erection it could be dangerous and needs medical attention.
General & Family Physician Dr. Savita Mishra's  Response
please let me know more. Ur age, precipitating factors leading to this condition like sexual activity, any medicines taken, any local pain or itching, duration of this problem, how long this persists and any residual effects once it subsides. Is scrotum normal, is there urethral discharge, is urinaryy complains of any sort and is skin of shaft of the penis also turns red and blotchy or only the glans portion. The problem could be allergic, drug related or hormone related. please get urine routine microscopy, CBC