what happens if you poke yourself with a used TB needle ?

what happens if you poke yourself with a used TB needle on your finger? what do i do?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Aug 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
TB spreads through air particles that are inhaled esp when the immunity of the person is very low. it is not a blood born disease. so dont worry. nothing will happen.
I hope I answered your query. Wish you good health.
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
welcome to Health Care Magic forum,
dont worry. if its from a simple TB patient, then nothing to be worried. but get a screening test doen for HIV, HBsag in that patient, to make sure you dont get exposed to those infections
still get a test even tho it was form a kid an african american?