what does this mean My blood pressure is 143 over 103 ?

My blood pressure is 143 over 103 what does this mean My blood pressure is 143 over 103 ?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Jan 2011
Hi.. Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
Blood pressure reading with systolic reading(upper reading) above 140mmHg and diastolic reading (lower reading) above 90mmHg is considered high. Such high readings are seen in hypertensive individuals, high stress levels, anxiety and physical straining...
As anxiety, stress and physical straining can be modified by good rest; you will need to recheck your blood pressure.
Repeat checkups done few days or week apart is ideal. If these readings are too high, then you probably may be hypertensive. And in such cases you will need lifestyle modifications and or antihypertensive medications...