what can be the cause of bump with brown puss and a unpleasant smell?

Hi, My mom is 60 years old and she have a bump on her back a size of a quarter, or even a little bigger. She went to doctor and the doctor said don't worry because its not hard and it won't hurt. So basically its not cancerous. Ok he didn't do anything, just sent her on her way. I decided to go ahead and squeeze it and brown puss, no blood at all and it was smelled real bad. A lot have came out and the bump went down. She took a sample to take to the doctor for them to do some test but she probably won't know a answer because her appointment is in a month. So my question is, what can be the cause of that bump and what you think? If you can share some light on this I will appreciate it. Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jun 2010
this is crazy bcuz my boyfriend has the exact same thing and went to the doc an dthey told him the same thing. If you find out whT IT IS PLEASE LET THE WORLD KNOW