ureaplasma urealyticum, metronidazole tablet, doxycycline , Ketoconazole

I have been getting recurring yeast infection and ureaplasma urealyticum Totalling 4 episodes for the last 9 months. My GP prescribed me with 14 days of metronidazole tablet (500 mg twice a day) and 14 days of doxycycline as well as antifungal tablet Kentoconazole. He suspects pelvic inflammatory disease Is the cause of the recurrent infection. No physical checks or scan was carried Out to determine if there is PID. Pls advise if the 14 day course of metronidazole is safe and effective. Thanks Please advise
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012