treatment for hair fall

Hi Sir i have lot of hair fall in my head. what treatment do i have to take?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Dear ,you have not mentioned about your gender,kindly do so.Your treatment depends upon whether you are male or female.In females the most common cause of hair loss is –iron deficiency, hormonal imbalance, thyroid problem, stress, lack of sleep, familial ,or use of chemical on scalp ,procedures like perming or straightening etc. Other rare causes are zn & copper def.
In males,andogenetic alopecia is most common apart from the above rare causes. One has to find the exact cause of hair loss and treat. In females there are various patterns of hair loss,which can be judged clinically by a dermatologist.In females one should get a hormonal level checked along with an ultra sound if necessary to rule out PCOD.This usually seen in obese patient with irregular periods.
Other simple test which we do are hair pull test and trichogram to diagnose which type of hair loss is there.
After proper diagnosis you can start with topical preparations like Minoxidil 2%-5% applied twice daily on scalp along with tab biotin one daily.In males we also add finestride orally daily. There are low level lasers also to control hair loss .I've been using the same for last two years with good result.They are FDA approved also.
Improve your diet with green leafy veg, fresh fruits, plenty of water, sprouts ,pulses, high protein diet, avoid items with high sugar content like sweets & chocolates, less of Chinese foods, less of pizza & burgers ,more of milk & ghee, dry fruits . Good sleep also has a important role to play . We also do hair transplantation for those needed.
Take care,
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Bala ji
Number of reasons can be assigned for hair fall. The best advise is to have rich diet which should have fruits vegetables and protein and milk on regular basis . avoid fast food. Keep yourself free from stress. keep hair free from dandruff etc.
Start with Tab.praval pishti 2 bd punarnava mandur1 bd
use sesa oil locally.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
Hello Mr.Bala

welcome to "Health Care Magic "
HOMOEOPATHIC treatment will not only help you to stop your hairloss ,but u will find regrowth as well,generally Stress, anemia, hypothyroidism , dandruff , hormonal imbalance causes hair fall.and its necessary to have high protein , ion and vita E diet,include groundnuts,or almonds , spinach ,green leafy vegetables ,and if you start treatment at early stages of hairloss you can expect good results .
Homoeopathic medicnes will surely treat the exact cause in your body ,as it treats the person then the disease. consult a Homoeopath .or for more info you can write down to (