swollen and painful mandibular gland, antibiotics, prednisone, infection in gland

My mandibular gland is swollen the size of a baseball and painful for the past 3 weeks. I went through a dose of antibiotics with no results. I have am now taking a second dose of another antibiotic and predinsone. It s been a week and the welling is worse. My dr. sent me to the ER, I was given a CT scan an IV antibiotic and pain medication. My white count is only 9,000, yet they say I have a bad infection in the gland. It doesn t make sense . Help!
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012