should have detailed sonographic evaluation of abdomen and pelvis for abdominal pain?

should have detailed sonographic evaluation of abdomen and pelvis for abdominal pain I am a 17-year-old girl and have been told bymy doctor that I have an ovary cyst. I was told these go away on their own. I've had very sharp pains from it causing naseua once every 4-6 months for the past year and a half. I was prescribed birth control, but I don't want to take it because I don't want to rely on it each time a new cyst could form. I cannot stand when the pain happens though and it feels like I'm being stabbed in the left ovary and the pain moves all the way to the right. Is this the same cyst that keeps causing the pain, or is it a new one? I read they are supposed to go away in 1-3 months on their own. Are there any natural ways of making the cyst go away? If not, how do I stop them from reforming other than birth control? Also can I get more information about cysts because my doctor did not tell me much about it or what birth control will do other than stop ovulating.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009