sensation in throat, swollen esophagus, hereditary esophagus problems. Is it something serious?

Hello- I have a sensation in my throat (middle of the chest ) that feels like my esophagus is swollen or has a pill stuck in it. I get the same sensation (with gum swelling ) when i eat an apple, but the problem is up near my throat (allergies??). The problem also happened in one day, just appeared...not so bad in the morning, but later in the day it is somewhat noticable. Has been present for 3 days now. I have a family history of esophagus problems, so i am a bit worried and will be seeing a doctor soon. I am 30 years old and have not had any health related problems. Do you think its something serious?? Thanks PS
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012