pregnancy with one tube

i have a ectopic pregnancy in may 21 2008 .my right tube got reptured and finally removed by the doctor at the same time i was diagnoised as diabatic .now i have diabatic pills Gulugonorm PG2 and Volix0.2  i have gone through x_ray of left tube andits alright now i want to get pregnant .my all test are normal and i have done my folicullar study two times in Dec and March both times egg reptured on right side .pls advice me some medicicne so that i can concieve easily 

Asked On : Mon, 26 Apr 2010
Hi Sangita,

Welcome to HCM.

If you and your partner are perfectly healthy regarding fertility, you should have no problem to conceive. You do not require any medicine for conception, though you must take medicines to control your diabetes. One tube is enough for conceiving provided it is patent. Ovulation usually occurs from alternate ovaries, though sometimes it may occur from same side in two consecutive cycles.
What is more important is that you should time your intercourse between 12th day to 18th day of your menstrual cycle.

Wish you all the best.
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Ovulation usually happens in both the ovaries unless there is a problem with the other ovary.. The ipsilateral tubes transport the ovum and not the opposite tubes.. If both the ovaries are functioning normally, then ovum production should occur both sides and you would not have problems in conceiving...