pregnancy and heart disease

hi i am 27 years and suffering from nitral regurgitation since 8 years, i want to give birth to a child, i am on lot of medications since last 8 years. is it safe to become pregnant with this disease and drugs, what effect will it happen on my baby, what precauation should i take?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Oct 2009
I do not know about this, but I am more concerned about the blood presssure increase during pregnancy that too after 5 months of pregnancy. My doctor has suggested me many precautions about this high blood pressure, SHe asked me to get check once in every month. many urine and blood tests. eye examinations were done. God is great and my blood pressure is under control
first it is better to consult a doctor regarding this...and as such MR is not a contraindication for pregnancy....and dont have to abort fetus..and there will effect on fetus...thing is u will need little extra care...

Really sorry that you are suffering from Mitral Regurgitation. Why to worry !! you can give birth to a child , but delivery is to be conducted in good hospital with expert facilities. Go on medication as usual. Nothing to worry at all . Relax and live life in a fine way. God bless you