popping in both ears after exercise,taking benadryl but not satisfied with the treatment

Im 26 years of age male and weigh about 195 and hardly ever get exercise. I just started working out as of January 15 2011 doing a ab workout. I layed on my back and lifted my legs and did a sit up as I tensed up my abs and immediately turned red and started to sweat. I didn t mean to strain my self but after that i started to hear a humming sound in my left ear. A month later i started having popping of both ears when i swallow constantly with the humming steady and present 24/7. Went to ENT he gave me a pulsating test and audio test and said my hearing is normal and said I got some air trapped in that it will go away and told me to take benadryl . a couple of weeks went by and the benadryl didn t help at all to relive constant popping and hum in my ears. I noticed that anytime i eat spicy food the popping when i swallow stops for a short time then resumes and the hum volume in my left ear decreases when i take a hot shower for a short while after then comes back. Doctor as of a few days ago gave me a nasal steroid to take twice daily. two sprays in each nostril said it would bring down inflammation . Its not relieving my symptoms at all. Will this take longer to go away? What can i do to relieve these symptoms?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011