please give me suggestions about my hbsag test

Helo doctor iam sowdamini unmarried ,resently my blood was tested that gives positive result for hbsag is there any danger to present and future i mean for marrage? my father is worried very much about me please give me the clear details and suggestions.thank you
Asked On : Sun, 23 May 2010

A positive HBsAg test indicates presence of virus of haepatitis B in blood.If you wish you can repeat the test & be sure about the test.

It can be acute infection which resolves easily many a times .If it turns out to be chronic, one has to be very perticular about treatment &life style. Safe manegment of body fluids is important for modern drugs do help the patients to a greate extent, with good cure rate .so please don;t get panic .
I feel getting out of the problem is important at this moment,marraige can be considered thereafter

Have lot of liquids like fruit juice which provide good calories.

regularly visit your doctor for advice of treatment.

Wish you a fast recovery.

Anonymous's Response
presence of HBsAG IS indicative of active or chronic infection of hepatitis b in your blood.what are your levels of serum bilurubin.consult your physician or gastroenterologist because there are chances of having complications in pregnancy.
take care