odor coming from my vagina. What could be the cause ?

I HAVE AN ODOR COMING FROM MY VAGINA. I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND MY PAP CAME BACK OKAY.......THIS ODOR IS SOOO STRONG THAT I CAN SOMETIMES SMELL IT WHEN I OPEN MY LEGS AND IT IS EMBARRASSING !! WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THIS ?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jan 2010
I.am.having.the.same.problem.i.dont.know.what.it.is.an.it.is.starting.to.scare
me!..Ive.tried.everything.an.the.smell.is.still.there.an.i.knowits.not.from.sex.i.dont.have.sex.havent.in.awhile!..Someone.please.share.whatever.you.know.about.this.problem

I'm going through the same thing Even if u take a shower it gose through ur jeans but I also have pain on my ovaries so I might have a Ovarian Cysts but antiBiotics

Anonymous's Response

An anaerobic infection is the most common cause of such smell. It should be treated with a course of antibiotics and should be fine thereafter.