nose is stuffy big ball of mucus with blood in it comes out

26, f, 0 pmh of problem, when my nose is stuffy and i blow it, a big ball of mucus with blood in it comes out. what could be the problem/
Asked On : Sun, 30 Jan 2011
dear sir , i have dns since long time ,nose blockege and not feeling smell due to muscus and too poor sleep ,now what is cures of it ,i have bp,when my nose keep /slues both side i feel comfort ,head sometime hot ,please how how i can removed it ,iftekhar
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

If the DNS is bad enough causing you sinusitis, it needs to be corrected. Also, DNS can be one of the reason for your loss of smell. Better consult your ENT specialist, discuss with him again and till then continue the above mentioned treatment by me.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
May be excess mucous is stuffing your nose and blowing your nose hard will always lead to some bleeding. You need to do steam inhalation at least thrice a day for a week for lesser mucosa production and to relieve your stuffy nose.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

You must be having sinus problem, which is the reason for excessive mucous production. You need to consult an ENT specialist to look for any infection. Till then you can take steam inhalation 2-3 times/day, drink plenty of warm water as well, use saline nasal drops 3 drops 3-4 times/day. Do not blow your nose forcefully so as to bring out the mucous.

Dr. Naveen Kumar

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.