my wife has problems like coughing and a spitting up a brownish/red fluid

my wife has this exact problem,paramedics were here this morning but said this does not seem to be life threating.

Chest Pain, difficulty breathing, accelerated heart rate for over a year now i've had difficulty with my breathing. I weeze a great deal and have constant dull pain in my chest -- sometimes on the left side, sometimes on the right side. When I'm laying down and my heart rate gets up (which it does real fast) sometimes I'll start coughing and a spitting up a brownish/red fluid. What's wrong with me?

Asked On : Thu, 11 Mar 2010