my son has a complaint of hydrocil (testicals) since the age of 5yrs

hi, doctor my son has a complaint of hydrocil (testicals) since the age of 5yrs and he is now 9yrs old we did not got treated as many suggested it will normal has he grows but its painfull for him can suggest me the treatment without surgery
Asked On : Sat, 20 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. As suggested the hydrocele would reduce as he  grows. But when it is causing symptoms and if it has not reduced, then it should be treated. Medical drugs for the treatment of hydrocele are for pain relief and to prevent infection.. They do not have any role in reducing the hydrocele.. I am afraid, the only treatment that can reduce the hydrocele is by surgeries.. If you do not wish to have a surgery on your son, you may use the medications for pain relief.. Consult your doctor to know about the medications...