my heart suddenly stops, for about 2-3 seconds, starts again and I can feel my heartbeat so heavily.

Okay now I ve had this since I was really young, around 7 or 8, and it keeps getting worse. I feel as if my heart suddenly stops, for about 2-3 seconds, starts again and I can feel my heartbeat so heavily, it feels like it s going to come out of my chest. I have days where this actually stops me from sleeping, it can be so bad I can wake up with it, it sometimes feels in my throat , my chest hurts sometimes. It feels like...my heart is losing balance, I can feel my heart now and every few beats it becomes irregular, sometimes I get the worst and most servere forms of this when it can last up to a whole hour, every 10-15 seconds I get attacks of it when my heart stops, racing heartbeat, it s really scary and I hate it. It happens a lot when I m in bed, my heart can race when I m trying to relax! Now I eat a lot of fruit, not many greasy foods because those make me feel sick, I eat a lot of healthy foods and a good dose of vitamins a day, and I STILL get these! One of the attacks were so bad I couldn t talk or breathe because of it, should I see a cardiologist ? What is it ? I really want to know... I don t smoke, drink or drink caffine, I m younger than 18
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
If you take vitamin supplements other than a regular multi-vitamin it could be a possible cause of your problem. You also sound as if you may be having panic attacks. Regardless, if you haven't had yourself checked out by a doctor, then by all means GO! You should see your regular physician first and if there is a serious problem you will be referred to a specialist.