my heart seems to be fluttering and when I go up my short set of stairs. What could be the cause of it ?

My hearts been fluttering and beating like crazy when I go up the steps. I have normal bloodwork-good numbers. I am overweight, but am active but recently just lost 40 pounds on Atkins. I also have Osteo and now take Acid reflex meds since I am on a anti-inflamortory. Lately, my heart seems to be fluttering and when I go up my short set of stairs, I get winded and my heart beats like crazy. I wore a heart monitor and have had an EKG-and they have found nothing, I am scheduled for a Stress test next week-have no heart disease in family. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011