my baby has o problem of bleeding eye, please suggest

Hi dr my one year and one month old baby boy eye just start to bleeds their something wrong with him. Elsie DA Silva (Pretoria, south Africa)
Asked On : Thu, 18 Feb 2010
Dear elsiedasilva, Thanks for your question. Any sudden bleeding from the eyes is serious thing and need to be investigated. It could be simple case of self inflicted injury by the baby's own nails or any foreign body inside the conjunctival sac. Sometimes any growth, though not visible, and blood dyscrasias might also present in a similar manner. Please take your baby to the ER in the nearest hospital as soon as possible.
  Anonymous's Response

Of course there is something wrong.Get him to the Emergency room immediately.