lung nodule, breast mass, shortness of breath, joint pain - anxiety

lung nodule, breast mass, shortness of breath, joint pain - anxiety ? Hi - I have been having shortness of breath that comes and goes in intensity for a couple weeks now, sometimes getting so bad that I start to feel dizzy. I feel as if I'm just not able to get the inbreath to go down far enough to fill my lungs. It just stops halfway. Also, lots of fatigue and foggy thinking. This has reached a point where it is affecting my ability to complete everyday things i.e. gardening, keeping up with the housework (I also work full-time and am a single Mom) I have inflammation (calcific tendonitis and arthritis) and the inflammation has been really high the last couple weeks. Hands are swollen in the morning and I have quit wearing rings. I'm 43 yo, 5'2" 105 lbs and in good health, typically very active. Went to ER last Monday because breathing problem was so intense, couldn't speak without feeling I was going to pass out. They did a CT scan and found some ?scarring? as well as "small lung nodule" on right lung also "numerous tiny non-specific nodules, bilaterally". Dr. also made a note of ?asymmetric breast tissue with mass in lower left quadrant?. They told me to see my regular Dr. right away for evaluation. I did so and he put me on Ativan for "anxiety" and Sulindac for the joint pain. He said that since my mammogram 5 months ago was fine and I can't feel a lump he wasn't going to worry about it and that lung nodules are common. Do I need a second opinion?? The word "mass" in the same sentence as "breast" makes me nervous...
Asked On : Sat, 22 May 2010