lump in right breast.

hi my question is when a patient goes to a surgeon for a lump in the right breast that is very painful what are the steps before surgery.
Asked On : Sun, 23 May 2010

well,i guess u will have to go for a blood test and then some other tests,and will be kept on some medicine which could reduce your pain ..............

Anonymous's Response

Hi well this is my case I had a lump in my right breast in mar2010 and went to my doctor she sent me to a surgeon right away. when i got to the surgeon he squezzed the lump and stuck a needle in to see if there were fluids which was not then he took me in the next room to remove the lump. But I have never been sent to take any test no mammogram no ultrasound nothing. Now this lump has returned in the same exact spot it is very painful again. Now I requested my doctor to send me to another surgeon because I felt he should not have cut me because he did not know really what we were dealing with. So the new surgeon gave me an ultrasound and mammogram and on this week a needle biopsy. the last biopsy from the first surgery all the surgeon told me that it was not cancer, what should i do now.

Please dont worry just go for the test and think positive ,wait for the results everything will be ok .Its good that now you are going to another doctor..............