lump in my jawline

i felt a lump in my jawline just last night it's small, the size of a ball i felt a lump in my jawline just last night it's small, the size of a ball bearing it hurts a little if i press on it just when i press on it its onmy left cheek, right below my 2nd molar but it's not in my gum it's inside my cheek you know when you clench your teeth with your mouth closed and there some kind of muscle that tenses up on your jaw its right at the end of it cos i can feel the lump get pushed but its not swollen on the outside and my lymph nodes are not swollen i can pinch my skin but i cant feel the lump because its very small and it moves around. it's way underneath, you cant even see it from the outside you also cant see it from inside the mouth now it kind of hurts cos ive been pressing on it all morning. i am afraid it could be cancer, cos they start out as lumps right but then i dont feel sick or weird or anything, i just happened to rest my head on my hand last night and i felt it
Asked On : Mon, 1 Mar 2010

I went to the dentist 3 days ago to have an extraction done on my left bottom molar it was infected everything went good. That night after the numbness wore off I noticed a lump on my left jawline close to my chin it was small I wasnt worried about it...It is now the size of a half dollar and it itches really bad and hurts when I push on it. It is on the outside. Please if you know what this is let me know thank you.

first of all I do not think there is anything to be worried about however if you feel the pain increasing even without touching i.e if it starts hurting or if you feel that it is growing then you will need to show it to a surgeon it could be a small lipoma and small subclinical oral infections may be a small skin infection...some sort of sebacious gland blockage too

It could be a lymph node as there are many lymphatics in the area. yup like the old doctors joke goes,,,stop pinching i can only feel it from the outside it's not even swollen on the outside it is most probably some sort a small infection in the I mentioned. it could be gingivitis/ sebaceous gland infection

dont worry about cancer there is nothing to worry you may need to refer a dentist if the hurting is really bad cancerous lumps in this area are not that common at your age if it increases in size or in pain then consult a dentist first