low haemoglobin for a 4 months old girl

my daughter is 7years and 4 months old,her hemoglobin is 7.1 gm%. she is 3feet 8inches tall,her weight is 17.5 kgs.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
your daughter is malnourished
please get your child seen by paediatrician and follow advice
with proper diagnosis and treatment hope your child be all right
Hi!Get your child seen by a paediatrician.she is malnorished also. Initially, to make up for the deficit, iron supplements are advised. But gradually, taper the dependence.You can start Lohasavam 2 tsf twice daily after meals.
Good sources of iron are- whole wheat, brown rice, green leafy vegetable (spinach, broccoli. Cabbage, fenugreek, lettuce), beet, cherries, tomatoes, dates, figs.

weight for age is low along with low hb .what r her other symptoms ....its necessary to look for a cause of low hb....most common causes in children r worm infestations....u need to consult a paediatrician at your city....its necessary