large mass in thyroid, solid and slightly heterogenous, internal and peripheral vascularity, pain while swallowing, pain in neck and ear

I have a large mass in the left lobe of my thyroid , measuring 3.7cm sagittal, 2.2cm anterior posterior and 2.9cm mediolateral. It occupies most of the left lobe. It is solid and slightly heterogenous and has internal and peripheral vascularity. It is almost completely replacing the left lobe of my thyroid. I am having extreme problems swallowing and have pain radiating up my neck and into my left ear. I have the sensation of being choked or strangled. Is this a mass that should be removed?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012