Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The shivering could be due to a variety of causes - alcohol withdrawal, anxiety or other medical causes like hyperthyroidism, etc. Masturbation is considered as a part of normal human sexual behaviour and is very common among young males. It does not have any bad effects on health and does not lead to any medical problems. So, the shivering is not due to your masturbation.

I would advise you to cut down your drinking and see a doctor for a detailed evaluation of your problem. Further treatment will depend on the cause identified.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. shivering is not due to your masturbation BUT due to the associated panic, phobia and anxiety related to your act.
2. Masturbation means mental dissatisfaction, so you need Psychological counselling and not medicine.
3. consult with your Physician about any other disease Possibility.