is it safe to conceive with rbs +ve partner ? husband RBS is high,he is on medications and we are planning to have baby ,is it safe to concieve?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Hi. Welcome to HealthcareMagic. There is no contraindication. However if his readings are high you should be concerned and do a repeat test along with his fasting sugar levels. All the best
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
there is no harm in conceiving. Your husband needs treatment on regular basis. there are chances of diabetes carrying on to child but it is not the rule.
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
There is no harm in you conceiving as you are healthy.
All the Best.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajesh Kota's  Response
Hi Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Your husband's sugar level doesnot have any bearing on your child's health. However you should get your blood sugar level checked because high blood sugars during pregnancy in mothers may have deleterious effects on foetus health. Wishing you good health and a safe pregnancy, take care

Dr. Rajesh Kota