is a heart rate of 65 low for a l6 year?

is a heart rate of 65 low for a l6 year old ?
im l6 and my heart rate was 65 is that low for some one around my age ? =S
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Thanks for query,
Heart rate 65 at this age is not much law.
Nothing to worry,if you are a sportsman or doing vigorous exercise has tendency to have low heart rate.
Ok and bye.
Nope, perfectly Normal. Normal heart rate is 60-100 and it's the same for Adolescents after age 12. The HR does not have to be exact in the bracket either. Rhythm and amplitude are more important. If like me you exercise a lot and are generally very fit, you may find your Pulse is 50 something or even less. All factors need to be taken into consideration. The heart rate should always be assessed by using a stethoscope and listening to the apical heart beat. Edit Yes, HenH is quite correct.