i used cytotec to abort is it going to effect on my baby?

i used cytotec to abort is it going to have any effect on my baby i am 10 weeks pregnant. last week i used cytotec to abort it. i took i orally and inserted 2 into my vagina. after a week, nothing happened. few days ago, i went on an ultrasound and found out that the baby was ok with a good cardiac activity. looking at the image totally changed my mind. i want to keep the baby but im worried that the baby might have birth defects. still, i want to continue my pregnancy. is it going to have any effect on my baby?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

The amount you took shouldnt have any harmful effects, from the research shown the women that had babies after failed abortion in brazil they had taken a LOT more liek 8 or 9 vaginally for a couple days. I actually attempted to terminate my pregnancy at 7 weeks and took 3 vaginally one day and 1 the following had some bad cramps for a couple hours and nothing happened. I continued my pregnancy since I refused to do a surgical abortion despite the risks everyone said and I am happy I didn't my baby is now 2 months old and just fine, she got a 9 and 9 on her apgars when she was born and has NO health problems or malformations. 10 fingers 10 toes. Your baby is doing fine and you will be so happy. I worried a lot the whole time I was prego, at the ultrasound at 20 weeks i was relieved to see the baby looked normal. I had no prego complications and no complications at delivery. So please don't worry! I had the hardest time finding anyone to ask this to that had been through the same thing so I am happy to be able to help someone that is in a situation I found myself in not even a year ago.

You are certainly in an akward situation! The pill cytotec is a prostaglandin pill used after using a anti-hormone pill Mefepristone for securing abortion of an un-wanted pregnancy of less than two months (less than seven weeks) Alone it can not bring about abortion. There can be some harmful effects of this medicine on the foetus and it is not advisible to continue the pregnancy. So please consult your gynaecologist at the earliest for necessary action.