i removed the braces half way

I am 22/f i had a orthodontic treatment at pondicheery. i removed the braces half way.the upper part is aligned.but will it be back to old shape?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jan 2010
Treatment/Therapy
Dentist, Prosthodontics 's  Response
Hi Sukhneer,
Braces if not worn for the complete duration of treatment suggest that your correction of teeth placement is not complete. The treatment needs to be completed, so that the teeth are in their physiological place and chances of relapse reduces ie: teeth reverting to their original positions. You need to restart the treatment and once it gets completed a retainer is to be worn for a couple of months to stabilize teeth in their new positions.
If due to some reason you do not complete the treatment then chances of relapse are very high. i would strongly recommend you to visit an orthodontist and finish your treatment.
Dentist Dr. Varun Mishra's  Response
hello and welcome to hcm,
orthodontic treatment takes longer time because they allow tooth to align along with the remodeling of bone as well. so after the treatment gets over, retention procedures are performed, but for your question, i feel the tooth alignment will surely return to older form as you have violated the treatment rules. so consult your orthodontist asap.
thanks
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
retention phase is very important during an orthodontic treatment in which the corrected teeth are fixed in the new position by holding them in that position with the help of a retainer. If you remove the appliance half way between, the teeth might slowly drift to the original position and may even become worse than they were before.
take care...
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
hello,
ortho treatment when stopped on halfway, the results you got will not remain and tend to go back as previously your teeth were. this is called as relapse. complete your treatment or restart from begining and wear your retainer after treatment atleast for 6 months. take care.
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, during an orthodontic treatment, retention phase is very important during which the corrected teeth are fixed in the new position by holding them in that position with the help of a retainer. If you remove the appliance half way between, the teeth are not fixed in any position and they will slowly drift to the original position and may even become worse than they were before. Take care and reach me on 9848813162 for any query.
there is a possibility that it can go back to the old shape because this treatment is best before puberty- when your bone growth's is not yet complete
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. There are two stages in an orthodontic treatment... First is the use of a cemented braces which is worn for about few months and is followed by a retainer which are to be worn for atleast 1 to 2 years to prevent the teeth from mal allignment... So depending on how long you have used these braces there are chances that the teeth may go back to its old shape..