i have some questions about tampons

1. is it safe to where them at night? 2. how long is it safe t wear them for? 3. with the ob tampons, do you pull the string so it expands B4 you put it in, or after?? 4. can yu fell it, if so does it hurt,when your putting it in or just wearing them? 5. should you wear a small pa with them? 6. what kind do yu think are best, and don't leak, when its heavy?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
1. Yes, it's safe to wear them at night as long as you change them every 6-8 hours. 2. As stated above, NEVER leave a tampon in for more than 8 hours... leaving them in for longer than 8 hours can put you at risk for TSS (link below) 3. Never pull the string before you put the tampon in, it would be impossible to get it in. The string is there to be able to pull it out when you need to change it. 4. If you get them in right, you can't feel them at all. If you've put it in wrong, you'll feel uncomfortable and need to change it. If you don't change it, you could leak because it's not where it needs to be. 5. You can wear one if you think you need one. Normally a pad isn't needed because the tampon catches all the blood. If you bleed heavily though, you could wear one to make yourself feel better. 6. I use Tampax Pearl.. they have a plastic applicator which makes them easier to put in than the cardboard ones. For the tampons not to leak, make sure you're using the right absorbency. For a heavy flow, don't use the regular, use the Supers. I prefer tampons over pads because pads make me feel dirty. Once you get the hang of tampons, you'll never want to quit using them! Also, some advantages of wearing tampons is that you can swim in them, I like them because you can wear thongs with a tampon in because you don't have to worry about your pad sticking to your regular underwear. Anyway, hope this helped!! Good Luck!