i got my first period. how do i tell my mom?

Girls- i got my first period. how do i tell my mom? im super embarassed to tell her. i told my friends already but not her... how did you tell your mom? your guys answers make me laugh =]
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009

I know it feels like the most awkward thing to mention, but your mum had to do the same when she was younger. I just waited until no one else was in the house, and just said 'mum i have started my periods' sounds obvious but there isnt really a simpler way to put it. Your mum will completely understand, dont worry.

OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
There is nothing embarrassing in it. This is just normal and a part of your life. You can tell your elder sister if there is one. Or even if you tell it directly to your mom she might be waiting to hear this news from you.It might relax her tension to see you growing normally.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
i told my sis first nd then she told my mom
Just say, "Mom, I got my period. Could we go get some pads/tampons?" Don't worry because she had to go through this stuff too!

I wandered up to my dad first, told him I was bleeding, he sighed and went to get my mother.