how bad BP is 154 over 95 with pulse of 93 ?

BP is 154 over 95 with pulse of 93, I have done nothing to increase my pulse and I am only 32, how bad is this ?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
Welcome to BP reading is definately on the higher side for your age.If 3 consecutive readings taken separately on 3 days is high you have high bp.Are you physically obese? do you have any symptoms like headache,palpitations.etc.You have to do thorugh tests to rule out other causes of high BP .The first line of treatment for hypertension is the same as the recommended preventative lifestyle changes such as the dietary changes, physical exercise, and weight loss, which have all been shown to significantly reduce blood pressure in people with hypertension.Untreated high BP can damage heart,kidneys and also brain.