how 2 gain weight?

how 2 gain weight
hi im ausaf,,my age is 17,,my weight is 40,,ihow can i increase my weight with simple food.\
Asked On : Fri, 14 May 2010
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. You need to mention your height as well. For a person correct weight is identified by calculating BMI. It is weight in kg divided by square of height in meters. Normal range is 18 to 25. If your BMi is below this range you can consider gaining weight. To do that you must have well balanced diet rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins. Eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid fast and oily food. Eat small frequent meals. Exercise regularly as it improves appetite. Wish you good health.

Try to have lighter meals more often rather than one or two big meals. If you have like 5-6 meals a day and dont let yourself get hungry or too full, you should start to put on some weight. Also, you can do some sprints with recovery to help build muscle and some weight lifting. Don't do endurance as that will cause you to lose weight (both fat and muscle).