help my husband has been in agonizing pain, heart or gas problem ?

help my husband has been in agonizing pain...heart or gas problem? My husband is having pain right in the centre of of his ribs spreading across to both sides below ribs. he went in er to get ecg done and some scans. all came clear, they assumed it to be gas. but its been whole night and he isnt feeling well also having temperature now about 100. Before going back to hospital can someone suggest wt might be this? can it be coz of some infection down food pipe on mouth of stomach? he also had abdominal scans. everything was ok, kidneys showed some swelling on them.. which is his old prob coz of hyper tension. he is 28 yeras old incase anyone want to knw age.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009