Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
hi welcome to HCM.marijuana is having lots of side increases Heart rate,BP, it causes immune depression.dont take that now as it can reduce wound healing also ok.
Oncologist Dr. Robert Galamaga's  Response
Hello and thanks for submitting your question.

I am glad to hear that it sounds like you are recovering well after having your surgery. As far as smoking marijuana, I would recommend against this at this time. Marijuana is a well known depressant of the central nervous system and we do not completely understand the impact it may also have on the immune system as well as on wound healing. For now I would abstain from smoking marijuana as I see no benefit not only for this particular situation but also for your general health independent of any surgery.
Thank you again.