heart feels tight

i was walking and my heart felt really tight out nowhere and i tried to slow down but it still contntuie and it stopped
Asked On : Mon, 25 Oct 2010
Welcome to Cardiology forum at HealthCareMagic:

The real questions from your query is whether your chest tightness is coming from heart or is it musculoskeletal in origin.

Your symptoms profile could be a sign of Exertional Angina (When you exert, your heart beats fast and the demand for oxygen supply for heart is not met).

I recommend you to consult Cardiologist. You need EKG, and Tread Mill Stress Test to know whether you have Ischemic Heart Disease (i.e. to know whether you heart vessels are blocked to any extent).

Regards-- Dr. Jagdish