heart beating hard and fast

my husband had a 9 months ago last night his heart was beating hard and fast should i worry he sweats alot? my husband had a 9 months ago last night his heart was beating hard and fast should i worry he sweats alot?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Triple Bypass 9 months ago? I saw your question before. I had 5 bypasses done Oct. 4, 2006. I did a lot of night sweating before the CABG, almost every night. Some since the surgery. However, I had walking pneumonia before my surgery, so that explains a lot. Any infection can cause a fever and increased sweating. Heat (fever) is one way the body fight infection. Sweating is one way the body keeps cool, but is also a way to flush out foreign invaders. Should you worry? Probably so. Should you be alarmed? Probably not. If your husband is NOT having Chest, Arm or Neck pains or other discomfort give it a day or two. If he IS then he should go to the ER now. If the fever does not clear up in a day or two then a trip to the doctor is appropriate. In the mean time, make sure he is drinking enough clear liquids (water) to prevent dehydration. Limit or eliminate caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Chicken soup is good. Science has proven there is something in it that helps. Plus the heat (steam) is good for you to recover from minor respioratory infections. Hope this helps you in your decision process. Terry