head started to hurt from a headache

i am worried about my dad because he just went to the hospital? i dont know what is wrong with him though,all i know is that his head started to hurt from a headace but only when he shook his head around, but when it really came a problem it was when he got home from work, right when he got in the house my dad said that the air conditioning started to make everything really loud and then thats when he said his feet started to become numb quickly rising to his legs all the way up to his head, unable to stand having to sit on the couch and also unable to talk to me and my brother because he was numb everywhere, thats when i called the ambulence to come and help my dad out. the day my dad got out of the hospital the doctors said they had no idea what had happend to him, but eversince nothing has happend to him for about 1 year SO THATS WHY I NEED HELP KNOWING WHAT HAPPEND TO HIM JUST IN CASE IF IT HAPPENS AGAINPLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
could have been a migraine, maybe? I've had some whoppers...even fainted on several occasions. Numbness in extremeties suggest circulation problems, maybe a TIA (commonly known as mini-stroke), and they can tell that by doing an MRI. If you have a stroke, they can see a spot in your brain where the stroke occurred.