four year old had bloody poop, please help

My four year Oldsmobile bowels are very bloody dark and water turns red.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Jul 2010
Sorry meant four year olds
  Anonymous's Response
Oh..I thought your kid was named Oldsmobile. Mine are named Ford, Dodge and Edsel. We lost little Winnebago in the trailer fire. Took a while to get over that one.
General & Family Physician Dr. Namitha's  Response
Hi Enrick,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum. If the stools are bloody I would suggest you to do a stool test. This will help in analysing if the blood passed if fresh from the anal area. You will need to take your kid to a doctor at the earliest. Blood in stool can also occur due to infections, and he may require some antibiotics. Take care