female with lower left stomach pain

I am a 30 yr old female with lower left stomach pain that gets really bad after swallowing food I just left the er and since I have a history of bowel obstructions thats all they checked for x-ray was clear any thoughts of what else it could be.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Nov 2010
Hi. Welcome to healthcaremagic, digestive system community forum.
Since when are you having the pain. Acute onset abdominal pain following food consumption are probably due to intestinal cramps or infection. Yes, bowel obstruction is a strong contender in such scenario.
Chronic regular cramps can occur due to irritable bowels, colonic diverticulum or one of the inflammatory bowel disorders.
A detailed history and a good clinical examination supported by colonscopic findings for evidence may be needed.
As I do not have other details of your history, my options are limited. Consider a face to face consultations with a gastroenterologist.
Hope this was useful..
Get back to this forum, after examination.