do women actually have a higher threshold for pain than men ?

Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
it's a hard one to call, I can stand washing up water,or tea or coffee a lot hotter than my wife but she can deal with other types of pain better than I can, As for childbirth my sister gave birth to two large baby boys and one kidney stone and said she would rather have another 5 babies than another kidney stone, I myself have given birth to one 6mm kidney stone and it was the most painful experience of my life to date, on another note I recently broke my arm near the wrist this was on a Friday I was back at work the following Monday I then took a heavy cold but carried on working, so it's not all men who catch man flu, by the way I have a very physical job as a joiner and have to put up with the pain as sitting at home feeling sorry for myself doesn't pay the bills