cyst mass like inside the cheek, flexible, small white spots and blisters, discolored, cancer ?

I have this cyst-like thing , about the size of a small marble or large pea on the inside of my cheek . It s not s very flexible, but it has these small white spots, almost like tiny blisters that have formed recently on the cyst. I saw my dentist yesterday, and he wants me to see an oral surgeon to have it removed or to do a biopsy done on it because it has changed from a normal reddish skin color to a discolored color. Could it be cancer?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012