cortisone injection in knee, post menopausal, cramps, bleeding. Reason?

I had a cortisone injection in my knee about two weeks ago. I am post menopausal (63 yo) and haven t had a menstrual period for over 5 yrs. I am now experiencing what appears to be a menstrual period complete with cramps and bleeding. I seem to recall that when I hip surgery 5 yrs ago I had a brief menstrual period while recovering and thought it was due to the stress of the revision surgery. Can a cortisone shot cause a post menopausal woman to start a menstrual cycle...this has been going on for about 4 days now
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012