child often stretches his neck due to breathing difficulty, has a habit of singing loudly. What could be the possible causes?

My 5 year old has been stretching his neck for about 2 months now. Our pediatrician says it could just be a tic but I m not convinced. He has had bronchitis which turned into pneumonia during this time and we first thought maybe it was from sinus drainage. I asked him if it hurt when he stretches and he said no but that he couldn t breathe. I have asthma and I know when i have drainage, I cannot breathe well. We do have him on an Albuterol inhaler when needed but I don t believe that this is the true issue. He does have a tendency to like to sing loudly which I believe at times, strains his throat and I m curious if that would be part of the issue. He doesn t say any of this hurts bad but then again, they don t always offer up that information freely like an adult. I m very concerned at this point and I m not sure what to do.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013