can i take mutton as i m pregnant and little raise up in sugar?

Im 5 months pregnant now and diagonised with little raise up in the sugar level.can i take mutton or mutton pieces like leg. Hi, I m 5 months pregnant now and diagonised with little raise up in the sugar level.can i take mutton or mutton pieces like leg.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011
yes sana,
blood sugar may get increased in early pregnancy and you must have noticed in your previous one,if you had it in the past.
red meat as such does not contribute much to your increased blood glucose,however red meat is totally bad for your health,try to curb on it or stop eating that.
timely testing for blood glucose is mandatory and you have to monitor your blood glucose from a physician.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
Dear sana
You may had got the raise sugar level in Random sugar level . IN some case of early pregnancy you may had slight rise in sugar level but be alert in daily diet intake for maintaining your sugar level. If it continue to raise it may cause High risk pregnancy which is harmful for baby and mother itself
please monitor your sugar level time to time and consult your regular Antinatal check up
Thanks
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.Raised blood sugar needs careful monitoring and check up.Take regular meals in small quantity avoid any foods that contain too much of sugar or fat.Because any fatty food will increase your body weight which will again cause problems in managing high sugar.So be moderate in what you are eating.Your focus should be eating healthy and nutritious diet and at the same time watch your weight ,sugar and calories.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello There..
I would suggest you to go to dietitian and get a plan for ur day to day food habits..Because High sugar level during pregnancy may be causing adverse effects on your baby..Red meats like mutton, pork contains more amount of fatty acids than white meats like chicken which in turn may lead to high sugar level in your blood. So its better for u to consult a nutritionist and plan ur meals!!!

Hope this helps!!