can I use Meparate tablets to get regular periods ?

i'm suffering with irregular periods,so can u please let me no that can i use meparate tablet for getting my periods regularly i m suffering with irregular periods,so can u please let me no that can i use meparate tablet for getting my periods regularly
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Meprate is the brand name of a hormonal medicine called medroxyprogesterone. It is indicated only when there is deficiency of progesterone hormone.it can be used to regularise menses but it has its side effect like Weight gain, breast tenderness. Clot formation, water retention and swelling. Fever. Jaundice, depression, acne, nausea, unwanted hair, loss of scalp hair, rash, bone mineral density (BMD) loss.
Before you take this medication, tell your doctor your entire medical history, including high blood pressure; migraine headaches; mental depression; and jaundice or high blood pressure during pregnancy.
so better dont take that medicine on ur own.
go for pelvis ultrasound and find out cause of irregular menses and do hormones blood test and than accordingly go for homeopathy treatment without any side effect.