breast itching, Is it a pregnancy symptom ?

My right breast is itching from 8-9 days.What could be cause.Is it a pregnancy symptom ?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jan 2010

It's not uncommon to feel itchy, particularly around your growing belly and breasts as your skin stretches to accommodate them. Hormonal changes may also be partly to blame. It usually disappears right after delivery.
Best wishes.
Welcome to HCM
Breast itching is not symptom of pregnancy it may be due to MASTITIS- Infection of breast tissue or YEAST INFECTION - usually occur during summer as the woman is more prone to sweating and yeast tends to breed in warm, moist areas. Wearing tight clothing and sleeping with a bra at night can worsen the problem. Itching, pain and a red rash are the most common symptoms of a breast yeast infection.
But if you had done unprotected sex and you think you are pregnant then go for UPT.
1)Missed period
3) tender breast
5) low backache.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Dr.Abhishek Chandge

Anonymous's Response

get the urine hcg measured to know whether you are pregnant or not